Yellow, It's Me


hey there,

can we take a second to talk about Beyoncé's Beychella performance please? Because she did that! She really just did that. For an hour and 45 minutes I sat there in bed watching her write history through her greatest hits. I'm envious of people who managed to write more eloquently about this because I'm honestly so lost for words. The whole production was ***Flawless from start to finish, not like you'd expect anything less from queen Bey.

Now if you know me irl you know I hate the color yellow- I have ever since I was a little girl. I once read it had something to do with the amount of colors you can see and the more you can see the more you hate yellow. Regardless of the science, yellow is not a color I like on myself or to surround myself with (think a yellow couch). I love everyone else in yellow, but it was never something for me... until recently. Now I'm not saying  BeyoncĂ© had something to do with that, but BeyoncĂ© definitely had something to do with that. Her Beychella performance was a vision in yellow, like the Queen Bey she is. Inspired by her I'm sharing three of my favorite and recent yellow additions.

Sunshine, daisies..
  

First up are these trousers from ASOS. While erring on the side of orange, ASOS describes them as a yellow so they are yellow. Polka dots are having a real moment and I'm all for it. I think it's a nice way to switch up from the striped tee life I normally live. The trousers are a light jersey material and provide plenty of stretch. There's no pockets, but they pull in at my waist like there is no tomorrow and I'm here for it. Obviously you can't tell in these pictures, but I reckon when I pair it with a tighter top it'll show off my curves. Here I paired them with an old H&M top that I tucked in to my bra to shorten it significantly, I added an old New Look denim jacket to tie it all together and make it a bit more spring appropriate. I think when it comes to wearing yellow it's all about finding the right shade.

Butter mellow..

Next up are these Quay Australia sunglasses. I got these as a gift for my birthday and they were a real good gift. Sunglasses are tricky but Gabrielle managed to pull it off. I love big reflective glasses, they allow me to people watch like the spy that I am. The hint of yellow in the frames give a subtle nod to the color I'd once considered my nemesis.

..and they were all yellow

Last up is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam eyeshadow palette. The outside is a beautiful warm mustard yellow velvet and inside are 14 gorgeous warm shades inside. There's three dimensional yellow gold shades. I haven't had it for a long enough time to tell you all the great things about it but so far: the pigmentation is incredible, they blend really seamlessly, there's a good array of colors, and I never want to live without it.

So whilst the yellow in my life has only slightly increased it's 100% because of Beyoncé and her phenomenal performance this past Sunday. I hope she has inspired you to embrace yellow a little bit more, and I hope that this post has showed you ways in which you can do that.

- Y.

2 comments

  1. Man I just think that my skin has too much of a yellow undertone for me to pull it off, but we'll see, maybe one day :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but you have gorgeous brown hair, maybe try a piece of clothing that has yellow in it but isn't predominantly yellow? I'm suuuure you'd pull it off regardless!

      Delete